Licensing Service verifyLicense always fails

Hi, I am trying to implement the Amazon AppStore SDK and I’m unable to successfully verify my license. The response I receive is {requestStatus: “ERROR_VERIFICATION”}.

It’s a react native based application and I am using native modules to connect to the AppStore.

My AppStoreAuthenticationKey.pem is in my assets folder and I have the latest version of the
sdk: ‘com.amazon.device:amazon-appstore-sdk:+’

My targets:

buildToolsVersion = "33.0.0"
    minSdkVersion = 24
    compileSdkVersion = 34
    targetSdkVersion = 33

My manifest includes the necessary queries and receivers per the implementation guide.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for posting! This failure is possible when it is not able to find any service to bind to. This could be happening if the Appstore client app is not installed on the device, or if it’s not able to discover Appstore. What is the environment you are running that app on: is that a vanilla Android device without Amazon Appstore, is that an emulator / simulator, etc? Could you please retry that on an Amazon tablet and see if it works? Or alternatively, reinstall the Amazon Appstore client app on your device, login with a valid Amazon account, and try again? Thanks!

Update:

In addition to the above, the issue is observed only when sideloading after the third party app install. It works fine when your app is downloaded and installed via Appstore. If the issue occurs again, please try to use the beta environment we provide (called Live App Testing) and re-install the app from Amazon Appstore, it should fix it.

ref: Get Started with Live App Testing | App Testing