Submitted Live App Testing, but can't find app on tablet

Hi,
I am new to Amazon apps, so I might be missing something, but basically I have created a new app, created and submitted a new Live App Testing session and accepted the invite. However, I cannot get the app downloaded onto my fire tablet. When I go to the App store on the web, it says it should appear on my device. On my device on the home screen, I select the Amazon Appstore icon, then Appstore Library. Under the apps tab, it only shows two other apps, but not the one I’m testing. I tried doing a sync, and also restarting the device, but that didn’t work either. It’s been several days now, so not sure what else to try. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting. If you are not able to see the Live App Testing APK in your Cloud tab, it may because:

• You may need to resync your account to pull in the new version. You can do this through Settings (Settings > My Account > Sync Amazon Content).
  • You need to verify they have accepted the e-mail invitation and received a confirmation of purchase.
  • You need to ensure that you accepted the live app testing invitation with the Amazon account you are using for testing.
  • You might not have a compatible device. (Note that this is not a compatibility issue with Live App Testing.)

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your response. I accepted the email invitation and selected the Deliver option. It said it was delivered to my fire tablet. A while later, I saw a notification on the tablet’s locked screen that said “Live App Testing Invitation: app name”, “Tap here to participated in the Live App test”. After tapping the notification, it prompted me to enter my passcode, but I never see it when I select the Appstore icon and go to my apps. I’ve tried several times, but no luck. I also tried the option of sending it to the cloud instead of delivering to my device, but could not download it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Please let me know what device type you used for Live App Testing and in which country your test account is registered.

Hi Emma,

I have a Fire 7 (7th generation), which when I connect it to Android Studio shows as Amazon KFAUWI. In Live App Testing, it does show as available and I have it checked as well.

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Mike,

Was your Amazon account used on the Fire device registered from Amazon.com? We see your app is only available in selected countries/regions. Please also make sure your account is registered from one of the countries/regions.

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your help.

I registered (or logged into) the Fire device using the same email or account that I use for development. I have set the available the countries to just the U.S. for now for my app, as you mentioned. I wasn’t sure where to look on my account to confirm that it is also set to the U.S., but when I go to Profile and go to set a phone number, it defaults to the U.S. Not sure if there is a better way to confirm this?

Also, I noticed that on my Fire device, under Settings | My Account, it says Mike’s Fire is registered to: and the email has what looks like a generated email with @kindle.com. I’m assuming that’s normal?

Thanks!
Mike

Thanks for providing further information. We have messaged the appropriate team for further investigation and will let you know once we receive an update.

Hi Emma!

Just following up on this, as I haven’t heard back from anyone yet.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Can you please test the app on another device, such as a non-Amazon Android phone, and see if it appears on that device?

Hi Emma,

I have successfully deployed version 8 of the app to a Samsung phone and Android tablet using Google Play Console. Please let me know if that’s what you wanted me to verify.

I also wanted to mention that while in development, I tested the app on my Amazon Fire tablet in Android Studio by connecting my mac to the device and turnin on Enable ADB in the Devloper Options. I noticed that it’s actually still on. Not sure if that’s causing a problem?

Thanks!
Mike

Could you please test the LAT app on a Samsung phone from Amazon Appstore and see if you can find the app on the cloud?

Hi Emma,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 phone. While I received the email invite on the phone via gmail, when I pressed the amazon.com link, I get redirected to a page that says “SORRY we couldn’t find that page”. I didn’t see that phone listed in LAT when I select Edit supported devices and then Android Mobile Devices, so maybe it’s not supported?

Also, I tried again on my Fire Tablet after creating a new test. On the lock screen, I see the message “Live App Testing Invitation: Magic Story”, “Tap here to participate in the Live App test.”. When I tap it and enter my passcode to log in, it takes me to the Appstore, but the app does not appear in the FOR YOU section, nor under APPS in the Appstore Library.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Can you please click the link in the invitation email using a computer browser?

Hi Emma,

So that worked after uploading to the cloud, and I was able to download it to my phone.

I then reset the Fire 7 table to the factory settings and set everything up again and was finally able to see the app and install it.

I’m wondering if the issue might have had to do with the fact that I was testing the table with Android Studio and that causes some issue.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help and patience!

Mike