My App keeps going offline

My app keeps going off-line. Every few months I get someone calling me saying the app isn’t showing any channels.
I’m not sure how to handle this, and who I should talk to and try to see why this keeps happening.
I re-submitted the app and I’m now waiting for it go live on the devices.

If anyone can direct me to the right people, I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for posting. We see your app is live now. If you have any app specific issue please raise a Contact Us case for further assistance. Thank you!

The app is not working on TV. The picture shows what I get when I try to open the app on TV.

Hi Alvin,

Thanks for the screenshot. Could you please provide additional details: what framework / tools did you use to build the app (Amazon Creator, Fire App Builder, etc), are you using any MRSS feeds, where are you videos hosted, are you using any APIs (YouTube API, etc), how are you loading those videos (please share any relevant code snippet).

Please feel free to raise a Contact Us ticket with us, we need all that info to understand the context and be able to assist you. Thanks!

The app has been up and running for almost a year. This is the third time this has happened. In the past i reload the APK and it takes about 3-4 days for it to be up and running. It’s been over a week this time.

Could you please clarify what you mean by “reload the APK”? Do you mean submission of a new version of your app in your Developer Portal account, or do you mean restarting the app on your TV? I am not aware of any issues on the Appstore side, and the problem could be with your video content provider, hosting, network, connection, etc etc. Still, we need all that additional information that I requested in my previous message to be able to understand the context of your request. Thanks!

I use the same APK file for ROKU, IOS, LG, and several other apps. In the past, I just logged in to my developer account and re-file the APK.

We use a service called STRIMM to broadcast our TV channels. They host the actual channels. We use another service called Muse.io to host all our videos. We use HLS for the video format. We have not had an issue in the past with any other provider. We also have it available on our web site, www.taao.live

Alvin Paliani

When this happens, I go to the developer page and reinstall the APK file. It takes a few days, but the app is back up and running.

I don’t understand how the app shuts down. It’s been working fine, and this is the third time it has happened.

The question here is, Why did the app stop working?

Nothing has changed on our end. The apps APK file is the same that we have used since we started.

It’s on Amazon’s end that the file stops working.

Alvin Paliani